The Think Tank Fund announces the Think Tank Young Professional Development Program for MA and PhD graduates who graduated with a PhD, LLM or MA degree in the social sciences and humanities from high-quality universities in the OECD countries in the past three years. The program aims at supporting up to fifteen ‘returnees’ per year to assume posts in think tanks interested in attracting young staff. With these activities, they wish to help young and talented people enter the region’s think tanks, provide additional capacity building with talented returnees getting engaged in policy-relevant research, analysis and advocacy under the guidance of experienced staff, and assist think tanks in recruiting new talent into their ranks.
The young professionals are expected to assume a full-time position in one of the region’s think tanks (most likely in their home country, or a country where they would like to resume their career and are able to justify this decision) for a period of up to six months starting from December 2013.These individuals will reside in the hosting organization’s country for the entire duration of the program, work full-time at the hosting think tank’s offices, and will become a part of the organization (this commitment resembles a full-time paid internship). Throughout this period, the young professionals are expected to engage in ongoing policy research projects and develop concrete policy products in agreement with the hosting organization.
Deadline: 1 October 2013
Open to: applicants who are residents of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Tajikistan or Ukraine
Fellowship: salary at the level of the hosting organization’s pay for junior research staff not exceeding 7,000 USD per paid position
CEP in the Think Tank Young Professional Development Program for MA & PHD Graduates
CEP is one of the think tank organizations which will host and mentor young researchers under the auspices of the Open Society Foundations Think Tank Fund. CEP is interested in engaging researcher who is a Serbian citizens with completed MA or PhD abroad and knowledgeable in of the following research areas:
- legal harmonization of domestic legislation with the acquis communautaire (horizontal and methodological aspects);
- policy-making and regulatory techniques and approaches;
- free movement of goods, competition and consumer protection, particularly from the perspective of EU law transposition.
Serbian applicants can direct here for more information.
Eligible candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the selected countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Tajikistan or Ukraine.
- Have graduated in the past three years with a PhD, LLM or MA degree in the social sciences and humanities from universities in the OECD countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and the United States.
- Applicants should be between 23 and 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English and the working language of the host organization.
The Think Tank Fund will cover a gross compensation/salary for the paid position (at the level of the hosting organization’s pay for junior research staff), and other reasonable expenses that are essential for carrying out the work engagement. The award cannot exceed 7,000 USD per paid position.
Interested graduates should contact one of the host think tanks given HERE directly and negotiate the topic area, policy product(s) and work plan for the engagement in this program. Upon acceptance they should apply for the Think Tank Young Professional Development Program by submitting the following documents:
- Motivation/cover letter
- Brief action plan
- Draft budget in USD (which can be downloaded HERE)
- Support letter from a hosting organization with endorsement of the Executive Director or President
All documents should be sent to [email protected] no later than 1 October 2013.