The EU-funded Media Neighbourhood programme would like to invite Armenian journalists to attend a 2 day Reporting the EU – Interviewing Techniques workshop.
Deadline: 11 September 2014
Media Neighbourhood is a three-year training programme for journalists, editors and managers from broadcast, print and online. It is funded by the European Union and delivered by a consortium led by BBC Media Action.
The programme has two main aims.
- To strengthen the professional capacity of journalists, particularly in the areas of media independence and online media.
- To improve the reporting of EU social, economic and political policies within the Middle East, Eastern Europe and the Caucasus
1) Reporting the EU: Interviewing Techniques workshop – 7th & 8th October, 2014
- Examining different types of interviews
- How to research and prepare for the interview
- How to treat, and not cheat, the interviewee
- How to phrase the questions
- When and how to interrupt
- How to write up/edit the interview
- You will have worked in an established media outlet of any platform for at least 2 years as a reporter or editor.
- You will have an interest in covering international news, especially concerning the EU and related subjects.
The workshop will be held in Yerevan, Armenia and led by senior journalists and highly- experienced trainers from the BBC, AFP and the other international media organisations in the consortium. The training will be practical and hands on.
It will last two full days and attendance at every session will be mandatory.
If you currently work in the media in Armenia you may wish to apply for this workshop.
Training will be conducted by trainers in English, but translated into Armenian through an interpreter.
Please Note: If you have attended a previous Media Neighbourhood training event, you are not eligible to apply
Application and Information
To apply, please send a CV and a letter outlining your experience (in English or Russian) and your suitability to [email protected] by September 11th, 2014.
Source: Media Neighbourhood